Home | Contact us | My Profile| Sign In| Member Login| Counseller Login
  Ranking | Exams | Online Test | Results | Blogs | Career Counselling | News Room | Study Abroad | Add Your Institute

 
Universities in India
Open Universities
Central Universities
Deemed Universities
Institution in India
Pvt./Govt./Atonomus
IIT/IIM/ITS etc.
Colleges in India
Medical
Engineering
Management
State/Alpha/Search
Courses in India
Regular
Part Time
Correspondence
High School
Statewise
ICSE
CBSE
Study Abroad
TOFFEL
ACT
GRE
GMAT
Question Bank
Solved Papers
Company Papers
Placement
 
Maulanaa Azad Medical College, Delhi
Courses Offers:
MSc
PG Diploma courses
Contact Details:
Name : Maulanaa Azad Medical College, Delhi
AddressLine1 : Bahadur Shah Jafar Marg, New Delhi - 110002
AddressLine2 :
AddressLine3 :
District : Dehli
State : Delhi
Country : India
Pincode : 110002
Telephone : (011) 23239271/ 72/ 73/ 74/ 23231478
Fax : ----------
Email : deanmamc@vsnl.net
Description:
Maulana Azad Medical College and associated hospital complex consist of four integral units, names Maulana Azad Medical College, Lok Nayak Hospital, Govind Ballabh Pant Hospital and Guru Nanak Eye Centre. The college was established twenty two years after the commissioning of Irwin Hospital, a well established general hospital drawing patients mainly from Delhi and from the neighboring states of Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh and Rajasthan.   

This ideally situated general hospital with long years of reputation paved the way for realization of this medical college.

The college made its humble beginning in hospital block of Irwin (Lok Nayak) hospital 1958. The foundation of main building of the college was laid by Pandit Govind Ballabh Pant, the then Home Minister of India, on 24th October, 1959. this building was declared open by the first Prime Minister of India, Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru on 26th February, 1961.
In 1964, Govind Ballabh Pant Hospital was added to the complex to provide training facilities and super-specialties. The Guru Nanak Eye Centre came into existence on 20th December, 1977 with the commissioning of a separate out patient department for ophthalmic diseases. The wards for the indoor patients were added in 1986. The long awaited demand of the residents of Union Territory of Delhi for a Dental wing was met with the establishment of a separate Dental Wing in 1983. This wing has become fully established Dental College since 2003.