Home | Contact us | My Profile| Sign In| Member Login| Counseller Login
  Ranking | Exams | Online Test | Results | Blogs | Career Counselling | News Room | Study Abroad | Add Your Institute

 
Universities in India
Open Universities
Central Universities
Deemed Universities
Institution in India
Pvt./Govt./Atonomus
IIT/IIM/ITS etc.
Colleges in India
Medical
Engineering
Management
State/Alpha/Search
Courses in India
Regular
Part Time
Correspondence
High School
Statewise
ICSE
CBSE
Study Abroad
TOFFEL
ACT
GRE
GMAT
Question Bank
Solved Papers
Company Papers
Placement
 
King gorge Medical College
Courses Offers:
B.B.A
B.C.A
B.Tech
MBA
MCA
Contact Details:
Name : King gorge Medical College
AddressLine1 : tryrty
AddressLine2 :
AddressLine3 :
District : Lucknow
State : Uttar Pradesh
Country : India
Description:
King George's Medical College Lucknow is one of the pioneer medical colleges of India. The college was opened in October 1911, when His Majesty King George V and Queen Mary visited India. Initially, King George's Medical College was affiliated to the Allahabad University. In 1921, King George's Medical College and associated King George's Hospital were formally transferred under the Lucknow University. By an act passed by the Government of Uttar Pradesh on the 16th September 2002, the college was upgraded as a medical university and is now known as the King George Medical University. Academic courses offered by King George's Medical College Lucknow: Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) Course: The course duration is 4 1/2 year plus 1year internship. The number of students admitted in the fresh batch is 185. A student is eligible for entry to the course after clearing the 12th class examination. 85% of the seats are filled through U.P. State Combined Pre Medical Test (CPMT) conducted by Director Medical Education & Training and the rest 15% of the seats are filled through All India Medical Entrance Examination conduced by CBSE. Doctor of Medicine (MD) and Master of Surgery (MS) Courses: MD Courses are offered in Internal Medicine, Pathology, Pediatrics, Microbiology, Community Medicine, Pharmacology, Radio-diagnosis, Psychiatry, Radiotherapy, Tuberculosis & Chest Diseases, Anesthesiology, Forensic Medicine, Physiology, Obstetrics & Gynecology. MS Courses are offered in General Surgery, Orthopedics, Anatomy, Otorhinolaryngology, and Ophthalmology. Candidates are eligible for entrance to these courses after completing Internship. 85% of the seats are filled through UP State Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination (UP PGMEE) and the rest 15% seats are filled through All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination conducted by DGHS. Diploma Courses: PG Diploma courses are offered in Radiodiagnosis, Ophthalmic Medicine and Surgery, Laryngology and Otology, Orthopedics, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Child Health, Clinical Pathology, Anesthesiology, and Public Health. The eligibility criteria and the admission criteria are same as that of the MD and MS Courses.