1) Frugality 1) Harbinger
2) Convene 2) Adherent
3) Balmy 3) Supernal
4) Degraded 4) Ungainly
5) Intractable 5) Unscathed
6) Deluge 6) Boorish
7) Intrepid 7) Transient
8) Musty 8) Tenuous
9) Repudiate 9) Incongruous
10) Plagiarism 10) Parsimonious
A passage was given which consisted of 10 blanks and we need to read the passage first and then fill the blanks with appropriate statements, which was given at the bottom of the page. (We have to be very fast in this section b’coz passage reading takes a lot of time.)
References: GRE Book from Barron’s (12th or 13th) is sufficient for both the Synonyms and Antonyms.
1.If g (0)=1,g (1)=1 and g (n)= g (n-1) + g (n –2). Find g (6).
a) 9 b) 13 c) 21 d) 7
2.A plane moves from 9°N60°E to 9°N60°W. If the plane starts at 2 AM and takes 10 hours to reach the destination, find the local arrival time.
a) 4.30 AM b) 6.00 AM c) 4.00 AM d) 10.00AM
3. Select the odd one out. a) Java b) Lisp c) Smalltalk d) Eiffel.
a) Lisp. b) Java. c) Eiffel. d) Smalltalk.
4. Select the odd one out a) Oracle b) Linux c) Ingress d) DB2
a) Linux b) Oracle c) DB2 d) Ingress.
5. Number of faces, vertices and edges of a cube
a) 6,8,12 b) 8,12,8 c) 8,6,12 d) 12,8,6
6. If M denotes modulus operation, R denotes round-off, T denotes truncation Find the value of the following expression :(373,5)+R (3.4)+T (7.7)+R (5.8)
a) 21 b) 16 c) 19 d) 13
7. Which of the following are orthogonal pairs?
a) 5i+3j b) i+j c) 3i-5j d) -7i+j
A) (a)& (c). B) (b)&(d). C) (a)&(d). D) (c)&(d).
8. Given the length of the 3 sides of a triangle. Find the one that is impossible?
a) (5,5,11) b)(6,4,9) c)(4,3,8) d)(5,5,5)
9. Find the singularity matrix from a given set of matrices? (Hint det (A)==0)
a) 2 0 b) 5 -3 c) 4 6 d) 3 4
3 5 - 5 3 3 7 2 0
a) c b) a c) b d) d
10.Match the following
a) Sentence Paragraph 1) Not a type of
b) Basmati Wheat 2) Siblings
c) Brother Sister 3) A type of
d) Cow Mammal 4) A part of
11. Which of the following set of numbers has the highest Standard deviation?
a) 1,0,1,0,1,0 b) -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1 c) 1,1,1,1,1,1 d) 1,1,0, -1,0, -1
12. A building with height D shadows up to G. A neighbour building with what height shadows C feet.
a) C/D*G b) C+D/G c) C-D*G d) (C*D)/G
13. A bus started from the bus stand at 8 AM and after staying 30 minutes at a destination returns back to the bus stand. The Destination is 27 miles from the bus stand. The Speed of the bus is 18mph. In the return journey the bus travels with 50% fast speed.
At what time it is returns to the bus stand.
a) 1 PM b) 12 PM c) 11 AM d) 10.30 AM
14.Complete the series. 5,9,11,15, __, 21,23
a) 18 b) 19 c) 24 d) 17
15. Which shape will be obtained by using these values of x, y?
(Sorry, I don’t remember the answer.)
16. If DPYGP is coded as BRAIN then EMXCT is coded as ____________?
a) CHAIR b) COBER c) COVER d) CEGER
17. A can copy 50 papers in 10 hours while both A & B can copy 70 papers in 10 hours. Then for how many hours required for B to copy 26 papers?
a) 13 hrs b) 18hrs c) 12hrs d) 15hrs.
18. The size of a program is N and the memory occupied by the program is given by M = 4000sqr_root(N). If the size of the program is increased by 1% then how much % increase is there in the memory?
a) 0.22% b) 0.5% c) 0.8% d) 0.35%
19. One year ago Pandit was three times his sister's age. He will be only twice her age next year. How old will Pandit be after five years?
a) 8 b) 12 c) 11 d) 13
20. A car is filled with four and half gallons of fuel for a round trip. If the amount of fuel taken while going is 1/4 more than the amount taken for coming, what is the amount of fuel consumed while coming back?
a) Less than 2 gallons b) 2 gallons c) 2 1/2 gallons d) More than 3 gallons
3 Questions based on Data Interpretations were asked. Among which
A Venn diagram Problem.
A Bar Chart Problem.
A Pie Chart Problem and each one of them had 3 to 4 questions.
References: For Aptitude section it is enough if we are thorough with all types of problems from R.S.Agarwal and refer previous question papers.
Three Questions were given I don’t remember the exact questions. So I would like to only mention the type of questions, which I had.
1) There were 3 cities namely A, B, C (California). Distance to each and the expense for taking each route was given. Costs were given in terms of dollars and cents (Relation b/w dollars and cents should be known.100cents=1$).
Four Questions based on this was asked such as which is the shortest route, less expensive etc.
2) There is a big University and a small college beside. Professors from University were M Senior Prof for Mathematics, J HOD of English Dept, L who knows Urdu and Professors from college were N who knows English well, D HOD of Latin Dept, and Y Senior Prof for Mathematics. There was a function to be conducted together by both the colleges and hence some conditions like
Two Professors from the University has to be chosen.
There cannot be Professors related to the same stream.
Team should consist of three members.
Four Questions based on the above part was given.
3) Six children are selected for the chorus line in the school play: Andrea, Beatrice, Consuelo, Denise, Eve, and Florence. There are six positions in the line; numbered 1 to 6 from left to right. The order of the children in the chorus line is determined by the following rules:
Florence cannot stand in position number 6
Denise must stand immediately to the right of Consuelo
Andrea cannot stand next to Beatrice
Four Questions were based on their arrangements.